Legal Malpractice Mandatory Fee Arbitration

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeceivedDave

To army Judge. Thankyou for your response. It has NOT been 3 yrs since the MFA hearing. The decision from the committee was only a few weeks ago. I said it has been 3 yrs. since my former atty was DISMISSED...fired from representing me. My question is asking if there is any recourse for the problem of the atty lying at the hearing ... in Nov. 2013.

To army Judge. Thankyou for your response. It has NOT been 3 yrs since the MFA hearing. The decision from the committee was only a few weeks ago. I said it has been 3 yrs. since my former atty was DISMISSED...fired from representing me. My question is asking if there is any recourse for the problem of the atty lying at the hearing ... in Nov. 2013.

Be careful, Dave. The law takes no note of lies, unless they're PROVEN to be perjured testimony. In your case, the ruling adversely affected you, but that doesn't mean anyone lied or offered perjured testimony.

But, Dave, remember you're NOT operating within the confines of the government provided legal system. Somehow, you've agreed to settle any disputes via arbitration. Therefore, there's nowhere to go when you're locked into those agreements, except as stipulated by said arbitration agreement.

Uttering and publishing comments that accuse others of lying in legal proceeding could subject you to legal liability that you might not desire.

Finally, if there are any appellate rights attendant to the adverse ruling you received, they'd be governed by the arbitration agreement you were required to sign.

When you agree to arbitration (however that agreement is created), you normally agree to waive your right to utilize the legal system.

Bottom line, if there is relief, it's spelled out in the arbitration agreement.

Last edited:
Thanks again. Yes, risky to speak of or accuse someone of lying. And why I didn't speak out at the hearing. I was dumbfounded and intimidated...but knew it was happening. The atty boldly telling of filing action with the Court (hired for) ...that was NEVER filed. It simply was not true. Worse, another 'fib' story followed to bolster the first ....rather then just admit to failing to do the work. The arbitrators did find, however, this person in violation of Professional Codes including "trying to hide and keep clients refundable money." I'll re-read the arbitration agreement.

Hi - I am in hopes that deceived Dave is still part of forum. Because he just went through something that I am going to be entering fee arbitration . I was curious on if he ever got his money back ?
I guess I should post new question on a new thread [ if this is what it is called ] smile
Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back