Manager Ripping us off?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbperez

I have been living in a one bdrm apt for eight months now. Paying $650 on time.

Anyway, recently a tenant got evicted. He told us that the owner stated in court that the rent is $575, not $650. Hmmm...we have been paying the manager $650 all along. BTW, checks have been made out to the manager's name. Never put much attention to that till now. Seems kinda suspicious not writing the checks out to the owner.

Anyway, I asked the manager for the owners contact info, but he only gave me his name and address. He refused to give me his phone number. I suspect that the address is wrong too.

I wrote a letter to the landlord regarding my concern, I am just afraid it won't reach him. Isn't there a way I can get the proper contact info ? from the city or the housing dept?

If this turns out to be true. Hasn't the manager been ripping us off? What can I do about it?

-Veronica:mad:

Do you have a lease? That is the most important document of all.

Are you sharing the apartment? Whom did you make the rent deal with, the manager or the owner? If the manager represented to you that he was dealing for the owner, perhaps you have a case.... or perhaps not. Maybe the other tenant received a different rental amount due to risk, other factors, etc. It's always best to have a lease....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back