Lsi

Sapientum

The New York State Department of Labor can's take a case for Unpaid wages, Over Time, Time Allowed for Meals or Wage Supplement from a claimant who is already retaining a legal office or Lawyer to provided Legal Services. Is this base on Abstention Doctrine or any other legal concept? If yes what is the legal concept? Or is simple because one legal office or legal service can't overlap the service of another? May please know the right answer.

The New York State Department of Labor can's take a case for Unpaid wages, Over Time, Time Allowed for Meals or Wage Supplement from a claimant who is already retaining a legal office or Lawyer to provided Legal Services. Is this base on Abstention Doctrine or any other legal concept? If yes what is the legal concept? Or is simple because one legal office or legal service can't overlap the service of another? May please know the right answer.

No one outside of the attorney or the client can legally interfere with the attorney-client relationship.
If any entity has poached your client, or is interfering with your attorney-client relationship you could report the incident to your state bar association, or the court in which the legal matter has been filed.

If what you describe had happened to me, I'd start by sending the interloper a letter admonishing them in regard to their actions, and advising them that I'd be seeking all legal remedies, including injunctive relief to to stop the tortious and unethical interference.

Before I took such a serious first step, I'd discuss the matter with my client.
It could very well be that your client has abandoned you without regard to your retainer agreement.

Back