Lovemyfamily

Lovemyfamily

I am trying to breakup and kick out my live in boyfriend-a house was purchased while we were together, but everything is in my name (house, land, mortgage etc.) He is telling me I need to give him over $20,000.00 (for his investment over the last 3 years) before he will leave. He has it broken down on what that money entails. I don't think is is correct. I feel I shouldn't have to give him anything.

I am trying to breakup and kick out my live in boyfriend-a house was purchased while we were together, but everything is in my name (house, land, mortgage etc.) He is telling me I need to give him over $20,000.00 (for his investment over the last 3 years) before he will leave. He has it broken down on what that money entails. I don't think is is correct. I feel I shouldn't have to give him anything.

You want him out, you'll have to evict him.
Google "EVICTION< YOUR COUNTY, WI" for a blow by blow of how its done.
As far as OWING him any money, he'd have to sue you.
The home is in your name, so his claims wouldn't likely be successful in a civil suit.
That doesn't mean he won't try to sue you.

Evictions take time, usually 8-12 weeks to get the unwanted person out, LEGALLY.
Some people offer these unwanted vermin, money to vamoose.
If that works for you, maybe $1,000 will get him out sooner, rather than later.
Put it in writing, and don't give over the cash until the he's gone and all of his junk, too.
Then immediately change the locks, and make sure NOT to allow him to return.
Good luck.

I gave him an eviction notice personally. Not through the court system though.

That is useless, unless he wants to go.
ONLY a court can have him legally evicted.
He can stay for FREE as longs as you drag your feet and do nothing through the courts.
The law takes th eposition you allowed him to stya, and if you want him out, you have to go to court, tellt he judge, and he'll be gone.
He has no rights, as you own th eproperty alone.
But, you must establish that through the court process.

Read this, but you must obtain the forms and the process for YOUR county.
You must follow each step EXACTLY as described, one mistake, you must start over!!!

Google - "EVICTION, YOUR COUNTY, WI" - this is for Milwaukee County, each county varies a bit:

http://county.milwaukee.gov/CourtServices7714/CivilDiv/SmallClaimsForms2/Eviction.htm

https://law.marquette.edu/assets/community/pdf/mvlc-ClientEvictionHandout.pdf

A few companies in your state CLAIM they will get it sone for about $280. Make sure you check it out, BEFORE you pay.

This is an a example of one such service:

http://www.easyevict.com/

He does help pay the bills and that is why he feels I owe him over $20K. I will check out all of that thank you for your help.

You owe him nothing.

Be smart, get him out sooner, rather than later.

Once he's gone, don't allow anyone but your minor children (and if you ever marry, your spouse) to reside in your home.

Whatever you do, don't ever allow a man or woman to get you to go "halfsies" on any real estate.

If he feels you owe him something (you might or might not) he will need to take you to court to get it just like you need to take him to court to evict him. YOU cannot serve him! If he helped buy house you may be owed something or if he paid for additions etc to home. However again he needs to go to court to get that and even if you do owe him something it has nothing to do with eviction. By the way if the sum is what he says it is he will need to go outsids of small claims court which means he will need an Attorney which could get costly for him

His financials were used to purchase the house as a second income but nothing more. If I remember correctly he did not sign any papers at the closing. The only money he really invested was to finish insulating the garage.

His financials were used to purchase the house as a second income but nothing more. If I remember correctly he did not sign any papers at the closing. The only money he really invested was to finish insulating the garage.

Your comments are killing your own case.
You owe him nothing.
Whatever he did, whatever he contributed obligates you to do nothing.

You're only obligated to pay your mortgage on your house and your bills.
If he gave you money, you deserved.
The bum lived FREE with you, and I bet you've spent more money than he did.
Stop explaining, you don't have to explain anything.

Good luck.

1) Evict him legally through the court system.
2) You don't have to pay him anything unless ordered to by a court.

Good luck.

Back