Lots of questions, all about moving out sooner then when I turn 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarrahBoo24

I want to move out NOW!!. I don't like my family anymore. I'm tired of everyone jumping on me when I walk in the door. I want to be emancipated, so I can move out when I turn 17. Which is next month. The worst part of all this is my mom's boyfriend. I've been through enough with men. I only feel safe with MY boyfriend. Well, Fiancee. I want to move out, so everyone can get off my back. I want to get a Lawyer and get emancipated. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?! I DO love my family, but they drive me NUTS. If I had a chance to prove I can handle my own, I would be right. Like I always am. I'm still in school and I'm gonna finish school. But, I need to get out of my mom's house. SOMEONE HELP ME!!:confused: :confused:

I seriously doubt it. Emancipation is EXTREMELY rare and is only granted in cases of NEED, not cases of WANT.

But you'll have to post your state for any kind of definite answer.

Thanks

If I ran away and mom called the police, and I ran away over and over and esc.... What would happen?

You would be considered incorrigable and made a ward of the state. Probably put into a group home or foster care, possibly juvenile hall.

Under NO circumstances will running away bring about the result you want. You will NOT be allowed to live on your own or with your boyfriend.

Is there a reason you don't want to answer my question about your state?

Most of this seems to revolve around your boyfriend. You cannot run away to be with him and if he is 18 or over he will likely be charged with something since you are a juvenile.

Well, it's not really (From Columbus, Ohio) about him, its about how I can't live with my mom's bf, her, AND my lil sis and lil bro. There all in my buisness all the time, and Ron (mom's bf) always tries to get me in trouble and DOES NOT like my boyfriend, I can tell. He talks about him. Ok, these are the reasons why I want to live on my own. I heard him and my mom talking, only part I heard though was after he said something then mom said, "What am I supposed to tell her, he can't come over here and she can't go over there? I can't do that and you know it!" I asked her the next day what it was about and she said, "he was talking about the coachroches." Let alone I've been with Rondell (bf) for 3-4 years, Rondell has had them since I met him, (I know gross) and suddenly we get them and its his fault, I REALLY doubt that.

The law is NOT on your side here.

Ohio only recognizes the emancipation of a minor in the event that you either join the active military services or are legally married. To be married in Ohio, you MUST have the permission of your parents. Additionally, Columbus requires that a minor have the permission of the Probate Court before they will issue a marriage license. That's IN ADDITION to parental permission, not instead of.

You cannot join the military at your age without parental permission, either.

If the marriage ends before your 18th birthday, the emancipation is revoked and you are returned to the custody and control of your parents. Likewise if your military service ends, you are no longer emancipated and must return to your parents control and custody.

Outside of marriage or military service, for both of which you need parental (and court) permission, you cannot move out without parental permission under ANY circumstances. If you run away, you will be brought back home. If you run away repeatedly, I've already told you what will happen.

There are NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER under which the law will force your parents to allow you to leave home if they do not agree.

Your real right? You are the one that can control this. I can't get an attorney or Lawyer and get it done. I HAVE to wait until I'm 18, Fuck that, sry for cussing but, I'm NOT staying here with these people, yeah there family, but, if I'm gonna live here, then I'm gonna need family counsiling, well, w/e you want to call it, with Ron (mom's bf) living here. I really hate him. And you expect me to believe those 2 are the ONLY ways I can move out. BULL!! My mom and my grandma moved out when they were 17, WHY CAN'T I? I AM NO DIFFERENT THEN THEM, probably the only difference is, I'm gonna go to college. Do you understand what I'm writing I DON'T LIKE WHO I HAVE TO LIVE WITH!!!!!!!

Do you have a relative close by that perhaps you could move in with? Someone that your mother would approve?

I understand what you're saying. You do not understand what I'm saying.

What your mother and your grandmother did are of no concern of yours. The laws have changed since then. The law as it is in 2008 WILL NOT PERMIT you to move out without your parents permission until you are 18. It doesn't matter how much you hate the idea; the law doesn't care whether you like the idea or not. If your mother gives you permission to move out, you can move out. If she does not, you can't. THE LAW DOESN'T GIVE ONE HOOT WHETHER YOU LIKE THESE PEOPLE OR NOT - IT WILL NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO LEAVE WITHOUT YOUR MOTHER'S PERMISSION.

I have told you the only legal ways you can be emancipated in Ohio. You are free to look them up for yourself if you don't believe me, but you won't find anything different.

To scooter.

My uncle the closest relative we have here. Lives RIGHT beside us. So it wouldn't matter. lol. We have a condo. So she could hear everything I did and she would just come over and yell at me for stuff that's not her concern. My fiancee/bf, told me I can do it. But really, like this dude cbs or w/e is getting smart wit me and I don't appreciate it. But, scooter thanks for your concern and for not being an IDIOT like cbs.

So I'm an idiot for giving you the legally correct answer if that is not what you want to hear?

I can't help it if you don't like the law. I can't help it if the law will not let you do what you want to do. Look the laws up for yourself if you don't believe me.

If your mother says you can live with your uncle, you can. If she says you can't, then you can't. It really is that simple. Whether you like it or not.

My uncle the closest relative we have here. Lives RIGHT beside us. So it wouldn't matter. lol. We have a condo. So she could hear everything I did and she would just come over and yell at me for stuff that's not her concern. My fiancee/bf, told me I can do it. But really, like this dude cbs or w/e is getting smart wit me and I don't appreciate it. But, scooter thanks for your concern and for not being an IDIOT like cbs.

Cooler heads prevail. You don't have a prison sentence lol.

CBG is probably correct on the law. Not that is etched in stone, but you shoudl be aware of what he/she is saying.

Farrah.bon: I don't like the law either, but at times, it's one big shit sandwitch, and we all have to take a bite.

If you had a relative out of the couinty or state, that would be helpfull if you could do that.

In five years, you'll look back and wish you were here now lol. (Kidding)

Google your states age of concent laws. Those laws apply to more than just sexual concent. Look there to start.

Remember: If you F'UP, your b/f pays the price. Look at the law, take a step back, look at the big picture before one makes a decision that could effect a life time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back