Lost my wife’s ring

Marin

Jurisdiction
Texas
What happens if I lost my wife's wedding ring ? I took it one day because I was mad she called the police on me and started making false accusations, so when I grabbed my things to leave I saw the ring and took it. The next day I went to the gym with it and I think it fell out of my pocket. Can anything happen ?

Texas is a community property state. You own the ring as much as she does. You can't steal it. Remind the cops of that if they contact you. But then shut up. Talking gets you trouble.

On the other hand, if she is claiming domestic violence, you don't want to say anything to cops except "I want a lawyer." And keep saying it no matter what.

The next day I went to the gym with it and I think it fell out of my pocket. Can anything happen ?

Only YOU know who did what, when, and to whom.

You now ponder what can happen about what you allege you did.

Until you opened your piehole and ADMITTED to what you did, only you and Almighty God knew what went down.

Now millions of people all across the world know YOU did it!

If you do something of a criminal nature, something embarrassing, something stupid; keep it to yourself.

You could have taken your pilfering behavior to your grave, YET you chose to blab.

Consider the consequences of your action PRIOR to acting!

What happens if I lost my wife's wedding ring ? I took it one day because I was mad she called the police on me and started making false accusations, so when I grabbed my things to leave I saw the ring and took it. The next day I went to the gym with it and I think it fell out of my pocket. Can anything happen ?

Losing your wife's ring is not the problem.

Doing things that cause your wife to have reason to call the police is your problem.

So stop doing things worth calling the police about.

And if you want to stay with your wife (assuming that she doesn't already have a restraining/no contact order), remember that Christmas is coming, and you owe her jewelry. The new ring should be more impressive than the old ring.

Back