Lost child

ayesha becerril

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I have been dealing with Northampton County children family youth services since my child was born. All reports made were not founded and i worked very hard and got my child back. I have PTSD, very bad anxiety, and bipolar. Due to my anxiety I was always looking over my shoulder fear of someone calling and making a false report again. Then two years after getting her back out of the blue they came knocking on my door. I beat that case but the damage was already done my worse fear had come to light. From the time my child left my house in 2017 til the day i signed off on her in 2018 because of some trumped up emotional abuse charge. They did an emotional abuse test in which my child scored extremely low obviously my child is lying. My lawyer did nothing to help me and there were so many errors and half of the time i got no paperwork until after court. So I would be blindsided in court. I called my old lawyer to see if he could represent me again, but i could not afford it even even with him charging me less than he normally would for my type of case because I am on disability. I feel my child was wrongfully taken from me.

After beating the initial case that brought my fears to light. About a month later before the case was officially closed I got a call stating my child wrote a letter stating she wants to kill herself. I never seen proof of this letter even though I asked. I talked to my pastor I was feeling overwhelmed. My child dad was willfully not paying his support. My landlord was illegally asking me for extra money for repairs made in my apartment or if he had to replace the stuff due to wear and tear. My psy doctor was not helping me spite many of times telling my doctor my meds are not working.I told my pastor that i felt like killing myself. So she would get a check from me every month. Then the emotional abuse charge came in and they ran it together. They took none of this into consideration. It took them a little over a year for them to get me the same test which my report shows I was extremely emotionally abused and abused in every since of the word as a child. I never received no help for it and the system failed me as a child. I wish I knew about this site before I signed over my rights to my child I felt backed in a corner and felt like I had no choice but to do so. I tried to get help everywhere I could before having to come to that final decision.

I wish I knew about this site before I signed over my rights to my child I felt backed in a corner and felt like I had no choice but to do so. I tried to get help everywhere I could before having to come to that final decision.

There are support groups available that might be able to offer you some guidance.

Here area few that you might wish to contact:

Parenting/Family Support Groups programs Lehigh County, Pennsylvania

The Support Group Project

http://lehighvalley.findandgoseek.net/category/support-groups

Family Services - Pinebrook Family Answers

More resources:

Parents Anonymous
(families in need of coping with daily stress and parenting needs)
1-800-448-4906

The Parenting Class
(General skills open to all parents year round, special needs also)
(Facilitator licensed psychologist with experience in special needs children)
Project Child
2200 West Broad St.
Bethlehem, PA 18018
(610) 691-1200

PA Families Inc., Statewide Family Network
1-800-947-4941
pafamilies@alltel.net

Parents Networking Group Helping Hands
(support group for parents of children with any disability)
832 Radclyffe St.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610) 974-9067

Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance
(Parent support and trainings for raising children)
Programs for Women and Families
1030 Walnut St.
Allentown, PA 18102
(610) 433-6556

Parenting Strategies
(610) 954-1355

Meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month in the Pricilla Payne Hurd Education Center
7-8 p.m.
www.slhn-lehighvalley.org

Parents Anonymous of PA
(parenting skills and support for coping with the challenges of parenthood)
1-800-448-4906
(610) 433-6556
www.parentsanonymousofpa.org

Parents Network Group
(parents of children with special needs)
(610) 974-9067

Parents Support Committee of Lehigh Valley
(parents or caregivers of children with special needs) Meetings take place on the third Monday of every month. (If the 3rd Monday is a holiday, meetings will be held on the 2nd Monday of the month.)
1355 Turner St.
Allentown, PA 18102
(610) 769-4111 dial 9 then enter 1899

Easter Seals
2200 Industrial Drive
Bethlehem, PA
daytime meeting 1:00 p.m.
-or-
St. Peter's Lutheran Church
1933 Hanover Ave.
Allentown, PA
evening meeting 7:00-9:00 p.m.

Parent to Parent of PA
(Linking families of children and adults with disabilities and special needs)
6340 Flank Drive
Suite 600
Harrisburg, PA 17112
(717) 540-4722
1-800-986-4550

Parents Without Partners
(single parents)
(610) 398-3875
www.parentswithoutpartners.org

Penn State Extension
(provides educational programs at low cost or no cost to organizations/ support groups that request workshops)
(610) 391-9840

Project Child
(telephone support for parents who are at-risk of child abuse)
(24 hr hotline)
(610) 691-1200

Valley Wide Help
(information on various support groups)
c/o American Red Cross
2200 Avenue A
Bethlehem, PA 18017-2181
(610) 435-7111
(610) 866-1089 (Spanish)
(610) 866-0131 (TDD)
www.redcrosslv.org
www.irrisoft.com/whp
Email: LewisCA@usa.redcross.org

I regret what you're experiencing.
If you focus on getting healthy, then focus on reunifying with your child, what you desire will one day be yours.
Nothing is given to us, we have to work to achieve our goals and dreams.

Exodus 14:14 ESV
The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."

Romans 12:19 ESV
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Wow thanks but i doubt it will help since i signed over my rights already.

There are defenses to signing away one's child, such as duress, mental health issues, emotional issues, etc.

Don't give up, talk to a few support groups, there is help but YOU have to seek it.

One thing is clear, you won't get your child back if you do nothing.

The most important thing is your CHILD. You can come up with every excuse and justification you want but all of that is having such a negative impact that you child is threatening suicide and reporting emotional abuse. That should be your concern; not getting custody back while you are admittedly emotionally and financially unstable. Allegations by children are taken extremely seriously, as they should. The fact that you accuse your child of lying is going to work very much against you. A parent in denial when a child threatens suicide is beyond dangerous as is a parent who then claims to also be suicidal.

If the court already removed parental rights it is going to be all but impossible to reverse that.

Ty so much I dont remember which number I called listed above but I called a few of them and they pointed me in the direction of the civil rights department in Harrisburg pa.

The most important thing is your CHILD. You can come up with every excuse and justification you want but all of that is having such a negative impact that you child is threatening suicide and reporting emotional abuse. That should be your concern; not getting custody back while you are admittedly emotionally and financially unstable. Allegations by children are taken extremely seriously, as they should. The fact that you accuse your child of lying is going to work very much against you. A parent in denial when a child threatens suicide is beyond dangerous as is a parent who then claims to also be suicidal.

If the court already removed parental rights it is going to be all but impossible to reverse that.
My child never threatened to commit suicide it was a lie to get them involved. And taken away I have issues yes but I am trying to be the best mom I can be .

Back