Medical Malpractice lose a year of disability pay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

currdogg

i'm 47 years old,in 2003 i had to get my back cut on for the first time,my doctor told me that my back will never be right . "spinal stenosis"wich in my case will only get worse ,which it has ,untill i have a back full of cages.anyway he advised me to file for disability.
i contacted a lawyer,he set a price,i paid him in full.i find out 15 months later that nothing was done,i had to go to ssc. office and file myself and have been fighting ever since.now here it is 2006 and still no avail,i have expelled my finanices,sold off pretty much every thing trying to support 4 children and really feel that if my laywer would have filed or at least told me to do so that this would be behind me by now,instesd of waiting 15 months and then telling me oops my partner messed up.i know that it takes a while for disibility claims to process but still i'm in a situation where as i cannot work ,need a third sugery now,but the state claims that since i have filled for disability that i am in a state of limbo and thier is nothing that they can do for me as far as medical or even helping me out to go to school to try to pick up another trade at least untill the disability office makes a decision.i am a fair person but my question is do i have a leagel stand with the lawyer that i hired or do i just kiss 15 extra months away.
i hate to sound like i'm the only guy in the world with hard luck i know there are people with problems much worse and count my blessings but come on i hired the man for a reason,he ain't the one telling my kids at christmas time ok guys lets draw straws again this year to see who gets thier christmas first. any advice would be deeply appreaciated
thank you for your time

after reviewing my previous post i see that i didn't ask the right question,with the lawyer that i hired and him not getting things started untill 15 months later,wich he never did really i filed myself ,would this be considered as malpractice,or is there such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back