Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Looking for proper verbiage

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostinkona

I've been searching everywhere for the proper way to request deferred acceptance of no contest regarding a case for a petty misdemeanor in which I am the defendant. The hearing is in Hawaii and I am in Washington, unable to afford travel. The county prosecutor has hinted that he'd have no problem representing my request to the court, but has told me that he cannot supply me with any instruction on how to ask the judge via written document. The definition in Hawaii is as follows:

Deferred Acceptance of No Contest Plea (DANC) - A pretrial procedure under which acceptance of a plea of guilty or no contest may be postponed and the defendant eventually discharged without a judgment of guilty, upon successful completion of terms and conditions set by the court.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Judge:

I would like this:

Deferred Acceptance of No Contest Plea (DANC) - A pretrial procedure under which acceptance of a plea of guilty or no contest may be postponed and the defendant eventually discharged without a judgment of guilty, upon successful completion of terms and conditions set by the court.

I sent a copy to [name and address of prosecutor].

Please let me know your ruling. I am enclosing a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Sincerely,

[your name, signature, full address, full telephone number, case number]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back