Other Visitation Long term visa for visitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skovaz

Hi,

I have been looking for a solution to this specific problem with no accurate results...

I have a girlfriend in Italy, and would like to secure a way for her to visit me for extended periods of time (6 months or more).

During those periods I would be supporting expenses and I can easily prove ability to do so.

Also we are not planning on requesting a change of status for her.

Is there a way to obtain a visa that would grant her extended stay (single or multiple entry)?
So far i only found the usual Visa Waiver for 90 days or B visas which have lots of requirements and no specific duration...

If so, how can that be obtained? and if not, what is the longest stay allowable for a regular visitor visa?

Thanks for all your help!

May I ask why you don't think this constitutes living in the US?

She cannot come and go like that without residency.

In addition to that, her citizenship of origin might not be Italy. On a generational basis, anyone proving Italian heritage can be granted Italian citizenship without ever being near Italy. She may have obtained it that way, then gone there for a few months.

update

Proserpina:

I am sorry, but I am not seeing how this is helpful in any way...

I am looking to see if there is a way to have someone stay as my guest in the country for a period longer than the usual 90 days visas.

I do not need to grant her unlimited access to the country, if that is what you thought i was implying :)

Said that, I do not wish to start a conversation on what I think, since I am not the one in charge of immigration affairs.

If you have any useful information on the visas and requirements that would allow me to obtain a longer term visitor visa (6 or more months), please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Disagreeable:

Again, not sure what that would have anything to do with helping my case

however yes, she was born and raised in Italy, as her parents and grandparents were.

Could you clarify on why this is important to the case?

Last edited:
If she is not a "True" Italian citizen, immigration will consider her home country when determining the viability of her application and level of documentation she must provide to prove she will leave by having significant ties to her home country.

Last edited:
Army Judge:
I will check those out, I have been around the USCIS site, hopefully I can find out a way to get details on visa duration and requirements on the links you provided. thanks!

Proserpina:

I am sorry, but I am not seeing how this is helpful in any way...

To be expected.

I am looking to see if there is a way to have someone stay as my guest in the country for a period longer than the usual 90 days visas.

I do not need to grant her unlimited access to the country, if that is what you thought i was implying :)

Let's review:

"During those periods I would be supporting expenses and I can easily prove ability to do so."

USCIS is not on your side on that one.

"

Said that, I do not wish to start a conversation on what I think, since I am not the one in charge of immigration affairs.

If you have any useful information on the visas and requirements that would allow me to obtain a longer term visitor visa (6 or more months), please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back