Parole, Probation Locked up for wronged parole violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunno

I would appreciate any help to right this wrong situation that happened to a parole. He initially had a warrant out for parole violation-abscounding (sp?) which was resolved. The last when he talked to his parole officer, she said everything was fine and she would take care of the warrants as long as he checked in with her next week. She was transferred out and he had a new officer but apparently that information was not relayed to the new officer so the warrants were still outstanding, unknownst to him. So now he is in jail for those warrants. Because of that he can't make it to his college classes and all that money and time will be wasted...and for what- because of some sloppy irresponsible work. If that warrant goes through it's like 3 to 9 months jail time. This is so so unjust, i can't believe its happening. Somehow, someway someone needs to be accountable and this needs to be rectified asap. Is there a way to validate that conversation between his officer and him, like recorded or some kind of statement. This suitation is ruining his life, its obscene that there's no accountablity and beyond unjust that this can happen. How do i proceed to rectify and for retribution.

Because of that he can't make it to his college classes and all that money and time will be wasted...and for what- because of some sloppy irresponsible work.

No- he is in jail for absconding, or otherwise failing to meet the terms of his parole. If he abides by the terms of his parole he would not have these inconveniences.
Someone is being held accountable- it is the parolee who did not follow the rules and got himself arrested on a warrant.
The conversation with the previous parole officer means nothing... though it is possible the judge might have some leniency based upon the circumstances.
YOU don't do anything to proceed. The parolee can proceed by making arrangements with his lawyer, his parole officer, and obeying the terms of his parole so warrants aren't issued in the first place.

Parole is a privilege and not a right.

A parolee has the rules explained to him/her numerous times BEFORE they are released.

There is no excuse for violating ANY of the conditions of one's parole.

When you dance with the devil, you lose.

Tell your loved one to get his act straightened around.

Stop believing his pathetic, decrepit lies and excuses.

Until HE accepts responsibility for ALL of HIS actions, these negative consequences will continue to befall him. :yes:

If he is scheduled to see his parole officer at 10:00 AM, he should arrive at 9:00 AM.

That means he left an HOUR (or more) early in order to NEVER arrive late.

Life is about choices. :dunno:

Life is very simple when you choose wisely.

When you choose foolishly BAD things can (and often do) happen. :yes:

If he gets revoked, he did it to himself.

No one is responsible for anyone else in this life, especially another adult. :no:

Adults can (and often do) work together, husbands and wives, for example.

But, the husband isn't responsible for the wife, nor is she responsible for him.

Good luck to both of you!

Last edited:
I wanted some advice not a biased judgement of a parolee. There are numerous incidence that occur at fault of the system, especially in California where the judicial system is maxed out and jails are over flowing from drug charges.
For instance i happen to talk with someone whose brother had a similar incidence when his parole officer had changed. Apparently there had been some confusion to the charges that were made and dropped and the new parole officer didn't note the change. The charges were dropped when the the old parole officer was subpoena to the court and explained the situation.

So next time instead of making assumptions of what the person did or did not do just read the facts stating what was done and had occurred (like did i ever indicate that the parolee and i were a couple - what the..). Readin instead of reading into the problem would help in giving helpful advice and i do believe it's what this forum is about- to help but apparently this point has been seriously forgotten. Get it together or don't give it out!

Last edited:
Do you believe I will heed your admonishment?

Good.

Everyone needs a dream, even dirtbag parollees.

I wanted some advice not a biased judgement of a parolee. There are numerous incidence that occur at fault of the system, especially in California where the judicial system is maxed out and jails are over flowing from drug charges.
For instance i happen to talk with someone whose brother had a similar incidence when his parole officer had changed. Apparently there had been some confusion to the charges that were made and dropped and the new parole officer didn't note the change. The charges were dropped when the the old parole officer was subpoena to the court and explained the situation.

So next time instead of making assumptions of what the person did or did not do just read the facts stating what was done and had occurred (like did i ever indicate that the parolee and i were a couple - what the..). Readin instead of reading into the problem would help in giving helpful advice and i do believe it's what this forum is about- to help but apparently this point has been seriously forgotten. Get it together or don't give it out!

So next time instead of making assumptions of what the person did or did not do just read the facts stating what was done and had occurred...

The facts stated were that a warrant was issued for absconding- or otherwise failing to report as directed.

Not everything is black and white.... And not all parolees are dirt bags... i believe and know that there is also corruption within the judicial department/systems... There is also a thing called "second chance" oh and brace yourself, successful rehabilitation... I am also aware of the fact that there are some parolees that will never change, take responsibility or feel remorse... i doubt those choice parolees would even know to write in for advice or care which jail/prison they go to next... I joined this site for a couple of reasons, one, i am pre-law, and two, i needed advice... i completely failed the class that taught people to walk on water.... i also am NOT a judge or a jury to those advice seeking individuals that just .... yes.... just might be getting the raw end of the deal, so they came here to seek help... i truly hope that this site is opened to giving the best legal advice known and not to ridicule or omit the obvious hatred some have against humans that make mistakes or bad judgement calls..... just because one is on probation/parole, have served time/or not... does not mean that they should lay down, take abusive/prejudice/wrongful treatment... or be made to pay for their mistakes over and over until end of time... when sentence is served, the punishment is over... little guidance and help from a trained county worker to get them back into society correctly is acceptable... abusing that authority is NOT acceptable, and needs to quit being ignored...!!

If a person has a legal argument to make, that is done in the court room, not an anonymous Internet advice forum.

For the record, only an attorney retained by a client can dispense legal advice. We simply offer advice and general legal information. We do not offer legal counsel, as we do not have an attorney-client relationship.

Like you said "army" advice, should have been more elementary with my wording, general legal information... and an Attorney for Counseling... thought that would be pretty self explanatory to the wise... my apologies to you "Army" for assuming all those on here, are aware of the fact that it is "general legal information":rolleyes:

Not everything is black and white.... And not all parolees are dirt bags...
Maybe not, but they ARE all convicted felons.

i truly hope that this site is opened to giving the best legal advice
A warrant was issued for his absconding and failing to comply with the terms of his parole. The best way to deal with this is through the use of an attorney.

However, it may very well be that he misunderstood what his old parole officer said. Or, she lied! yes, she might have lied to him in order to get him to come in. DID he come in when she asked him to? We do not know. I suspect he did not.

just because one is on probation/parole, have served time/or not... does not mean that they should lay down, take abusive/prejudice/wrongful treatment...
No, but they must still abide by the rules. And if one disobeys the rules of parole - or probation - one must be prepared to face the consequences. Begging for a "gimme" is not always an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back