Loan officer said we were APPROVED but then failed at underwriter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timgroves

My wife and I were looking at purchasing a house. We were told by the loan officer we were APPROVED. I asked him to run every check he could because I had went through a bankruptcy. He had all of my paperwork for bankruptcy, pay stubs, etc. He stated that we were fine as we were far enough from the bankruptcy after doing his checks. We found a house that we wanted, put a bid in, got approved. Appx. 15 days from closing the underwriter emailed and asked for proof of how long the foreclosure was. This was information I never had nor was never asked for. The only thing I could find was the date that it went to Sheriff's Sale. I had to be 3 years from that date per the underwriter which I was not. She advised me to talk to my loan manager. I called him, he didn't answer, I texted him and he replied back "I'm in an email I'll call you back ASAP." This was over a year ago with no return call nor text since. We had packed alot of our stuff in hopes of moving into our new house and now we were out of a house because we were misled. We were also out of the money we paid for 2 inspections and 1 appraisal, appx. $1000. Is there anything I can do for this? We weren't technically legally allowed to go into these houses because we couldn't have gotten a loan with not being far enough from the foreclosure date.

Thank You in advance for any advice you may have,
Tim Groves

Agree. Apparently the loan officer thought all the paper work was acceptable & everything looked ok but when it got to underwriting, the underwriter declined. I don't see what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back