Corporate Law llc membership in nj

Status
Not open for further replies.

pammie761

I am one of three members of a NJ LLC (42:2B). Two of the members have never been involved in the partnership, in fact I have never met one. The partnership was formed by an attorney friend of one of the investors in this company. I founded and developed the co. eight years ago, but needed financial assistance. However, the 2 investors participated in the company with their wives names as the members because they did not want to be listed because of income/tax/liability reasons. Distributions have been made in the names of the members. Meetings, company status and progress dissemination info have always been between myself and the 2 investors (husbands of the members). The wives/members transferred their interest to the investors (husbands of the wives/members--- (actually the husbands did this) to try to gain control of the management of the business to out vote me and nominate one of them to manage. They provided written notice to me that the wives transferred their "interest" to them. I accepted that. They did this ten months ago, and took over managing the company. I recently learned of my rights and the NJ statues which states they cannot manage since they are not original members. There is no operating agreement. There was never a vote or an approval regarding membership, just their written notice of their receiving their wives interest. Now they want to try to void this transfer of interest so their wives can come to vote against me to manage the business and they manage through their wives. We have had two court appearances and they wives have not shown up. I don't believe they know about the business. One of the wives lives in another state. Can they do this to suit them at will? It is my understanding of the NJ statues that, once the wives transfer their interest they loose their membership rights and the husbands maintain a financial interest. Is this a correct interpretation? Who is/are the member(s)s? Though I am back managing, they are interfering and undermining my authority. What should I do about that and on what basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back