Ll.M graduate ABA approved law school

Sergicdt

Jurisdiction
New York
I am LLM graduate ABA approved law school . I did not passed the bar yet. Can I represent lawfirm in court, under other lawyer licence?

I am graduated from Tours law Center(school).

Was that a TYPO?

Did you mean Touro Law Center on Long Island, NY?
Touro Law Center | Long Island, NY Law School
From the website of the school, read carefully, especially the last sentence!
Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Legal Studies
This program gives graduates of foreign law schools a significant exposure to U.S. laws and policy. Satisfactory completion of 27 credits is required. Two courses are required, Introduction to the U.S. Legal System and Legal Methods for Foreign Lawyers. Five non-required survey courses designed just for LL.M. students are offered each year, condensations of courses that are offered in the first year of the J.D. program. Otherwise, students take courses from the rich J.D. curriculum. Students are also permitted to audit one course per semester. Students who excel in the LL.M. program may be considered for transfer to the J.D. program.
Graduates of the program may qualify to take the New York bar examination.
I suggest you discuss your future career plans, desires, goals with the school's guidance and placement counselors.

What you seek is possible, but you must understand how you go about it.

Thanks for your advise.however I just thought if I could be the court appearance attorney? Before I passed the bar, by the way I will take it in February.

Thanks for your advise.however I just thought if I could be the court appearance attorney? Before I passed the bar, by the way I will take it in February.

You might wish to discuss that with your employer/law firm.
In some limited cases, a licensed attorney can substitute counsel in to do limited things, like filing (not arguing) motions.

I don't know what NY law says about that, which is why you should discuss it with the law school, or the law firm who hires you. Unlicensed law grads can do many things, limited only by state law. For example, you could interview clients, especially clients in county jail.

I am LLM graduate ABA approved law school . I did not passed the bar yet. Can I represent lawfirm in court, under other lawyer licence?
There are many duties you can perform while working for another attorney or law firm. They may even have you sit in court waiting to be called to answer on the calendar. But as to actual representation - no. You're not going to be performing any substantial legal work in court representing a client as part of a law firm. When I was working in a law clinic in law school I met with indigent clients, wrote the briefs and even made some trips to the courthouse. But it was all under the supervision of a licensed attorney and mostly dealt with procedural matters that wouldn't jeopardize any part of the client's case. As was stated above, I'd probably call you a glorified gopher. :)

I don't know of any Tours Law Center although I am familiar with Touro Law School.

Back