Livestock Stench. urine and feces runoff on my property

Status
Not open for further replies.

ireneq

Please advise;
I own 20 acres. An agricultural enterprise owns 35 adjacent acres. Last summer these people utilized an old dedicated easement and built a gravel road through the center of our property. At one time there was a buffer of trees between properties. These trees were very effective means for holding back standing water ( from snow melt) on his low lying property. With the construction of this new road, water flows the length of the easement and for three weeks this road was submerged. The runoff from his property now has manure, urine, feed and garbage and the stench from all this winters buildup. This is flowing 600+ feet, the length of the road. Also the runoff is creating massive amounts of erosion onto my property. At the point where this new road joins the established highway, a culvert was installed. This culvert freezes and runoff from highway ditches is diverted onto our property flooding the hayfield. We have never in the 15 years of ownership had flooding problems of this magnitude. Legally, this man that built the road is not required to build to borough standards if he used his own funds. This was the case, and there is no borough enforcement which requires him to build to code. Do you have any good legal advice on this issue. Thank you. Stinky in Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back