Listed as defendant and need help. please

Status
Not open for further replies.

angc2008

Hello,
I have been listed as one of a number of defendants in a Civil Complaint. Other defendants are several lending institutions, and about 100 individuals. This case is filed in Superior Court of California, Los Angeles County, North District, Lancaster.

I live in Arizona, but bought a truck at a dealership in Lancaster, California. I financed the truck, and have been making all of my payments, but I have not been able to register it, because I have not received the title.

Now I have been named in this law suit, and I don't know what to do. I have filed my Acknowledgment, and now need to file and answer, but I do not know which form to use on the courtinfo.ca site.

I do not know why I'm listed as a defendant, and do not have the money to hire a lawyer. I am hoping someone here can help me.

Thank you,
angc2008

Since you purchased the truck in CA the CA court will have long arm jurisdiction over you. I loaned my crystal ball to SJ and he hasn't returned it so I have no idea why you are being sued either. My suggestion is to try and contact the attorneys for some of the other defendants and try to find out why you are included. Possibly one of them will also file your answer for a small fee.

Unless you file an answer you will be in default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back