license cancelled without notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdazzed00

I moved from Neb. To Calif about a year ago but neglected to change my commercial drivers license. I was notified by certified mail today that due to my lack of an cdl i have been fired immediatly. Nebraska cancelled my license a month ago with no prior notice. Is this legal? I know i was wrong in waiting to update my license butbeings i have been back and forth between the two states moving my belongings i thought it was ok. I do not have a permanant residence in Neb. I have been staying with my inlaws. As for in California i have been residing in an rv park.Alsp, is it possible to get legal documentation reinstating my license over the weekend?

Your first stop should be CA DMV. So long as your NE license was only canceled or expired and not suspended you should be able to get a CA license. The DMV can tell you what to do. They used to be open on Saturdays, but I dont know if they are anymore.
You were supposed to get a CA license within 30 days of moving to CA.

A state does not just cancel a license for no reason, even a CDL. What prompted the situation? If your license was truly cancelled, not suspended, CA may issue you a license, however, they may require you retake all CDL licensing exams.

Im thinking it was canceled because of not notifying Neb. DMV of moving. My wifes hasnt been canceled though. I have gone to take the cdl exam here in Calif and missed one to many questions. That test was taken a year ago. My wife hasnt changed her license either but maybe since Ive attempted the process Neb was notified? I dont have anything on my record, no points, accidents or tickets. I did get a copy of my driving record that was available online and Nebtaska doesnt give me any reinstatement fee. It states that I have a clean record and may recieve a license without restrictions. My wifes says she has a valid license to operate an motorvehicle and her license is recordbis clean. That is the only difference.

You aer going to either have to move back to Nebraska and have a legal residence there to get your license reinstated, or pass the test in California to have a license issued here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back