Liability to creditor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytsharp1

I previously wrote regarding removing my name off a title of my ex-husband's truck. By the time I posted and received the answer it was too late for me to ask a judge to have my name removed from the title. No lawyer (and I've been through 3) told me I could do that. As a result, the truck was towed and impounded, but before that it received 2 tickets for expired State Inspection. I went to court and showed the judge my SA which states "Husband agrees to transfer the title into his name alone and to become totally and solely responsible for any liability associated thereto, including, but not limited to, any payments owed on said automobile, its maintenance and upkeep, personal property taxes and insurance, and shall indemnify and hold Wife harmless from any and all liability arising from the same." The judge found me not guilty for the tickets after he looked something up in one of his books and he told the officer I was right, I was not liable for that truck. I have 3 questions: 1) What book would the judge have looked in after reading my SA?, 2) Since I have been found not liable for the tickets am I not liable for the impound charges that were associated with the towing of the truck? The towing company has sent my bill to a collection agency which is threatening to file against my credit, and finally 3) since this has gone to a collection agency how liable am I really? I've read where credit card companies or mortgage companies did the same type of thing and ther person was able to fight it because the debt was between the individual and the collection agency. If I wanted to take this matter to court, what court would it be heard in since it resulted from the officer that wrote the (parking) ticket for expired state inspection and how do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back