Letter of demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mano

Two weeks ago for the 6th time my car went back to the same mechanics, for a faulty repair job on front brake rotors. Since the car was seen to by the establishment in question (the first time back in June 07) it has continually made a grinding noise. During this time I have also paid for an independent wheel alignment in a process of elimination.

This establishment is part of a multinational reputable franchise (well what I had thought was reputable?).When collecting the car for me on the sixth and final time, my partner quizzed the mechanic on what had been done. He also took a video camera to document the process and was set upon by not only a muscle shirt wearing thug from the workshop but from also the Manager of the establishment. This was an unprovoked attack as at no stage was there any mediation avenues suggestion,just physical downright thuggery.

I called the police as I fielded a call from my partner who was bleeding and shaken after such a traumatic event. In my communications with the Head Office of the franchise in question I have been duly given the run around, as well as the excuse of waiting for an outcome of the police report.

I acknowlege that the police must do their criminal investigating but where do I stand as a consumer? Can I send a letter of demand before the outcome to the police report?

I just do not beleive that a multinational company can stand behind such injustice and not offer ANY lines of mediation in the interim. Where in this day and age do you get physically attacked at a place of business. It simply astounds me.What astounds me even more is the response from this multinational stating they are not responsible for franchisee behaviour!!!!Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Demand all you want. You want to pursue a civil action which has nothing to do with the cops (criminal action).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back