Lender Lost my Mortgage Documents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KefMan

I'm in the process of trying to re-finance my loan that's under water under the new HARP loan program through the government. Our original loan was financed through a company and then sold to a large mortgage company in Florida. Our home is about $65,000 under water and we were looking for a way to lower our payments so that we could possible rent the house since it's impossible for us to sell it. We've been paying on time and have been in constant contact with the lender to see if options would be available for us. The end of February our lender contacted us and said we qualified for re-financing and that we could lower our interest rate to the new lower rates and reduce our mortgage by $400 per month. So we filled out the paperwork and went through the credit check and have been waiting after being told it should only take 2 weeks. It's now been four and our agent has now bumped us to management and we've been informed that the original lender LOST our signed note and documents. They will not process the loan as of now. I have Un-Signed copies of the original note that I had sent them.

My question is: Am I legally obligated to this mortgage that was sold to this company which there are no original
signed note documents to be found?

Thank You,

Roll the dice. The penalty will be more than the benefit. It is possible they just do not want to refinance the loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back