lemon laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlushingBride

I recently bought a 99' Ford Explorer. I traded in my 95 Ford Mustang in for it and they gave me $6,000 for it. Since then we have taken the Ford Explorer in to have some things fixed and they keep calling us and telling us its fixed and its not. They have now had the car for 6 weeks. How would it be possible for me to give the explorer back and get the money we traded our mustang for in back to get another car?
Sincerely Kylie:confused:

Have you kept all your receipts for all the times you took the car to the shop? Did you do the trade with a private dealership or with FORD? Have you notifyied them that you would like to return this car. What does the contract state? Can you please elaborate a little more.

I do not have receipts from when we took the car up there. I bought the car from David Stanley a dealership representing Ford. I have notified them several times that I would like to return the car. We have a two year warranty that covers everything. And I just found out yesterday that are refusing to replace the windshield. Is there anyway we can get a hold of the records that shows us how long we have had the rental? We have had it for at least 7 weeks.
Thanks
Kylie
:mad:

Request the records from the dealership in writing. Whats wrong with the windshield? Is the damage to the windshield supposed to be covered. You can try calling FORD and have them look into the dealership that is representing them, if the dealership is not willing to work with you.

What state are you in? It is possible that their failure to have things fixed within 30 days might enable you to get a new car. I'm sure the dealership would not want to go to court on this -- the wait time is completely unacceptable. IMHO, just as a negotiator, I would think that you could easily pressure them into replacing the windshield like they should.

Perhaps calling the press and getting a form to report them to the state Attorney General might begin to prompt some, shall we say "cooperation" from the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back