Legality on starting a festival?

Griffin Drakoin

Jurisdiction
California
NOTE: This could also be in Oregon.

Hello, if i bought a piece of property around 100-150 acres out in the middle of the woods in northern California, what would be the legality on making that into a sort of festival. People would be able to buy a ticket for an increment of time and be spending nights on the campus. Along with that there could be stores where people could buy stuff i.e. food or merchandise.

Would you need to get a special permit?
Does the land have to have a special zoning?
Etc.?

NOTE: This could also be in Oregon.

Hello, if i bought a piece of property around 100-150 acres out in the middle of the woods in northern California, what would be the legality on making that into a sort of festival. People would be able to buy a ticket for an increment of time and be spending nights on the campus. Along with that there could be stores where people could buy stuff i.e. food or merchandise.

Etc.?

That depends at lot on the local zoning ordinances, noise ordinances, and other local laws and the details of exactly what the festival would have and how many people would attend. Ask a local business lawyer in the area where you'd like to buy the property for help with all the various rules you'd need to meet.

That depends at lot on the local zoning ordinances, noise ordinances, and other local laws and the details of exactly what the festival would have and how many people would attend. Ask a local business lawyer in the area where you'd like to buy the property for help with all the various rules you'd need to meet.
Yeah, proper and sufficient liability insurance in case you get sued for somebody's injury.
Thank you two very much!

if i bought a piece of property around 100-150 acres out in the middle of the woods in northern California, what would be the legality on making that into a sort of festival.

Your question makes little sense. A festival is an event, so you cannot "make" a "piece of property" "into a . . . festival." You can hold a "festival" on your property, and the legalities obviously would depend on what will occur at the "festival."

I wouldn't, but you might. Depends on the applicable local laws.

Depends on what you'll be doing and the applicable local laws.

With any "festival," this will be the most important thing:

proper and sufficient liability insurance

Back