Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Legality of Medical Marijuana cultivation school

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguru

I wanted to offer medical marijuana cultivation classes in Rhode Island, a medical marijuana friendly state. Not only to teach how to grow properly but also minding legal compliance as well as fire and electrical safety issues.

My classes would not have any live marijuana at all. Students would be asked not to bring live material to class. The only thing I would be dispensing is knowledge and information.

My situation is that I am not a Rhode Island resident, I live in Massachusetts.

My questions are as follows:

Is it illegal to teach people about this topic? (marijuana cultivation)

Do I have to require prospective students to be state licensed medical marijuana patients/caregivers in order to attend the class?

Can I teach medical professionals (RN's) who are interested in the class but are from out of state and are not medical marijuana cardholders?

Can I teach this topic in Rhode Island even though I live in Massachusetts?

Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You might want to inquire of the RI authorities (sheriffs, police chiefs, prosecutors).

I would suspect that teaching horticulture isn't illegal, if you're teaching folks how to cultivate "hemp"!!!!!

It will, I suspect, land you smack, dab on the radar of the DEA and other narcotics and illegal drugs enforcement types!

Good luck...

So much for freedom of speech.

The law allows for people to grow their own in that state for medicinal purposes. If so, they should be taught how to do it without burning down their homes or endangering themselves and/or those around them. Anything less can be argued is irresponsible.

It is sad that when someone steps up do fill this need for the community, they are looked at as a criminal. I however am not a hero and I don't need this kind of heat. I have to think of what kind of life I will provide for my family if I pursue this. For their sake, i will back off this. But I still think it is BS that one cannot do this without becoming a target for these "types"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back