Legality of a harrassing interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logann

I recently had an interview for a large company after being told I should pass up another job in a different department to become a supervisor by a regional director so I applied. Once it was time for my interview I was being interview by the director and two managers that work as his understudies. Once I go through my initial PowerPoint and told how I met and exceeded the qualifications of the job I was bombarded by a series of "random " questions with the three of them criticizing me after I would answer saying that I was giving "b.s" "not genuine answers" I was met by a statement that I had made in a conversation to a manager not present that I did not want to do the job because compared to the job I passed up for this one this would be "gruntwork" because the guys don't work together with a common purpose nor are they trained etc etc so it comes up in a question in the interview "so it's been heard you've said you didn't want to do grunt work what's that mean?" After I answered this it was silent for a moment then one of them said oh I've got a good one and said " So we know you passed up in a job you would've potentially gotten to get this job, what happens if you don't get this job?" My answer was that I loved my job I loved the people I work with and at the end of the day I know if I worked hard I could find infinite opportunity in the future within the company then I was met with "that's bulls**t you know you'd be f'n pissed" and told to re answer the question which had been done several times throughout.

So my question is besides being promised the job, and the fact that the guy who got the job does not have equal qualification but is friends with one of the managers in the interview. Is there anything legally against them being so completely unprofessional in my interview

Nope. Not at all. There are things it is illegal for them to ask they do not appear to have asked them. I used to make potential hires try to sell me widgets as part of the interview. If they could not come up with one thing they knew well enough and more about, than me, to sell to me as a fake buyer, they were done.

Not even close. No law requires that they meet your standards of "professionalism" or gives you legal recourse when they don't.

It might have been unprofessional but definitely not illegal. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back