Eviction Process Legal steps for removing boyfriend from apt not on lease in Fl

manipulationmag

I allowed my ex boyfriend to stay at my duplex that I started renting on April 1st, 2015, on a part time basis, while he looked for a job over here in The Cape Canaveral area. He had been living at a friend's house, during that time, also, in Tampa. It was only a matter of time, before he had manipulated his way back into my life, & into living here full time. I am miserable, & now I want him out. He has taken over my tiny little place with a lot of his storage space "overflow," (which he begged me to let him bring over here, because of no room left to store it). He still can't find a job. He is partially disabled from 2 major surgeries (back & neck) 1 yr ago. How did this all become MY problem?! He is HIGHLY manipulative. I KNOW this. I got caught in a weak moment during my "stressful moving process," he stepped in to "help," I KNEW I shouldn't have let him back into my life, and I did anyway, on the agreement that we were only going to be FRIENDS. That was IT. Even then, I KNEW. I just want him out of my tiny little duplex that I rent & out of my life. HOW DO I DO THIS?? STEP BY STEP. (I know this was long winded. I can't be the ONLY idiot out there, who allowed someone to mistake her "kindness for weakness.")

First off to whom does he pay rent and to whom does he have this rental agreement with? Its likely you have no power to remove him and landlord does if you rnot owner or you dont have rental agreement with him and you are paid rent not landlord

I allowed my ex boyfriend to stay at my duplex that I started renting on April 1st, 2015, on a part time basis, while he looked for a job over here in The Cape Canaveral area. He had been living at a friend's house, during that time, also, in Tampa. It was only a matter of time, before he had manipulated his way back into my life, & into living here full time. I am miserable, & now I want him out. He has taken over my tiny little place with a lot of his storage space "overflow," (which he begged me to let him bring over here, because of no room left to store it). He still can't find a job. He is partially disabled from 2 major surgeries (back & neck) 1 yr ago. How did this all become MY problem?! He is HIGHLY manipulative. I KNOW this. I got caught in a weak moment during my "stressful moving process," he stepped in to "help," I KNEW I shouldn't have let him back into my life, and I did anyway, on the agreement that we were only going to be FRIENDS. That was IT. Even then, I KNEW. I just want him out of my tiny little duplex that I rent & out of my life. HOW DO I DO THIS?? STEP BY STEP. (I know this was long winded. I can't be the ONLY idiot out there, who allowed someone to mistake her "kindness for weakness.")

Follow these steps to evict the moocher:

http://www.rhol.com/csu/evictions/Florida/FloridaSteps.htm

Expect the process to take 8 to 12 weeks or more, and make sure you follow it step by step.
If you mess up a step, you must start over, making the eviction take longer.

Google eviction "YOUR COUNTY, FL" for any special steps required in your county.
Florida is very friendly when it comes to online explanations and processes, so be sure to follow up and make sure you do it right.

If domestic violence is involved, (physical or mental), it can be easier to get him gone by seeking a restraining order.
The locla police can assist you with that effort.

Back