1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

legal questions

Discussion in 'Emancipation Law' started by Anonymous7505, Dec 5, 2016.

  1. Anonymous7505

    Anonymous7505 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I am 14 years old. I am a pregnant minor and I need help.
    Lots of things have been happening that isn't healthy for me to be around.
    My mother is an alcoholic and reached out for help at a rehabilitation facility across the country. She had left a typed and signed document giving her mother (my grandmother) and her sister (my aunt) guardian ship of my siblings and I, until she returns home. But while she has been gone, her husband has left her and we are losing our house and she has lost her job.
    Is there any way that I could move in with my paternal grandmother without consent from my mother or the adults with custody of me?
  2. mightymoose

    mightymoose Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    The short answer is no.
    You will need parental permission to do just about anything.
    Regardless of the letter your mom wrote, she is still legally responsible for you.
    Where is your father?
    If you feel you are in a dangerous situation you can always talk with counselors at school. They will know what resources to call on to help with whatever you are facing.
  3. leslie82

    leslie82 Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    You need to talk to the counselors at school - 14 and pregnant?

    Does your mom have custody? Where's your dad? You can't live anywhere your mom doesn't allow you to live. If your dad gets custody, he's in charge. You don't get to decide anything except about that fetus until your 18.

Share This Page