Deportation, Re-entry Legal permanent resident and misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphii

Hello me and my girlfriend got into a argument and I was charged with domestic violence but only plead guilty to harrasment and the court agree with a deffered of judgement.while in jail the I.C.E officer asked me for details I told him , I also explainexplained that I was brought to this country at a young age and that I never had any problems and he set me free.am almost done with all my court fines and finished my domestic violence classes and my resident will expired in 3 years could I be deported. Should I apply for citizenship or renew my residence? I also have a 2 year old and no family in my country

That is moral turpitude strike one. One more and you are out of here. At the 3 year mark you are not eligible for citizenship because you cannot have a girlfriend and a valid marriage at the same time, unless you are a professional juggler.

concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.

I would hope you would not have needed to ask that question to understand the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back