Legal Or Illegal ? Non Hyper Links to Rapidshare and Megaupload

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat74

Currently residing Overseas with the US Army 09102 In Europe, will move to GA in 2008.

I need advice regarding posting links ( coded, non hyperlinks or directlinks) to Rapidshare or Megaupload. Can I post links to files that might infringe with Copyright ? The links would not be indexed, for example in a quote or coded.

So visitors to the site would have to actually copy the links and post them in the browser were they would be at Rapidshare , were they would start the download. Nothing would be hosted on my server, neither would any downloads start from my site.

So finally can I post coded links to copyright material on my website,which is hosted in the US?

For instance Music, Movies, TV Shows Applications?

I know that no disclaimer can save me, but should I have one and if so what should it say?

This is not legal Advice!

Being in the Army, you should understand this quite well.

Let's say, you have secrets that do not belong to yourself but belong to the Army and then you go and sit on a park bench and hand them secrets to a member of the opposition.
What would you be expecting to face if you got caught?
What you are trying to do is not to dissimilar to the above theft.
So how could we ethically or morally tell you how to go about, what you are trying to achieve?

That's my opinion on this matter.
Think before you leap into a situation that may land you in an area you would rather not be in.

Take Care

Mark

Dear Mark,

as far as I know, there is no legislation on this topic. I have been told that for now it is fine to link ( non hyperlinks) as long as the download doesn't start from my site. Is this still current?

It would be nice to get an answer to this, leaving out the moral stand on the issue...

Thanks

Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back