Legal Forms

Darrin O'Brien

Jurisdiction
California
I recieved papers from an attorney for Statewide Collections Inc for not paying a bail bonds however I have never heard of the bail bonds the mention . All the have is a verbal agreement. I need to respond to the court but don't know what form to use.

You've given us no information on which to formulate any comments. Start by answering the following.

1 - Were you served a summons and complaint?
2 - How much are you being sued for?
3 - What court level? Small claims or regular civil?
4 - What does the summons instruct you to do?
5 - What are the allegations listed in the complaint?

While you are answering those, read these resources.

california ansser to complaint for debt at DuckDuckGo

I recieved papers from an attorney for Statewide Collections Inc for not paying a bail bonds however I have never heard of the bail bonds the mention .

Someone that knows you well (usually a sibling or close relative) may have been arrested and used YOUR personal details, eventually bonding out using your particulars.

You might want to THINK about a sibling that was arrested around the time the bond was allegedly secured, or a close relative may have used the "trick" to scam you, the court, and the bondsman.

The scammer's mugshot and fingerprints will be used to exonerate you, IF such an evil deed was committed besmirching your good name and damaging your good credit.

I recieved papers from an attorney . . . for not paying a bail bonds

What sorts of papers? Does "a bail bonds" mean one bond or more than one? What does "not paying a bail bonds" mean? Are you being sued for not paying premium for the bond? Or are you being sued because the bonding company had to pay a forfeiture under the bond? Your statement that you "need to respond to the court" suggests that it's a lawsuit of some sort.

All the have is a verbal agreement.

What does that mean?

I need to respond to the court but don't know what form to use.

If the papers you received indicate that a lawyer filed the suit for his/her client, then it cannot have been in small claims court since lawyers are not permitted in California small claims court. If you were sued in the limited or unlimited division of the superior court, you can use a Judicial Council form answer, which you can find via this link. Depending on how much you're being sued for, it may be in your best interests to hire an attorney.

Please also answer the questions that "adjusterjack" asked.

Back