Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Legal Advice Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley Jenkins

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
My self and a fellow employee, along with two customers, were recently involved in a situation where money came up missing from the business we work for. The amount taken would constitute a Misdemeanor charge here in the state of Wisconsin. During the incident in question both myself and my fellow employee were together the entire time, and all speculative evidence points to the two customers. Both myself and my fellow employee also have the support of our employer regarding this situation. Both of us have been employed with this company for 10 years and have the complete trust of the business owner. The owner did file a police report in this situation, and requested that charges be filed if it can be established who took the money. The owner has also stated to us and the investigating police officer that he does not believe that myself or my fellow employee were involved in any way. However, the investigating officer stated that we were all considered suspects. It has been several weeks since the incident in question and neither myself nor my fellow employee have been questioned or called in for questioning since.

My question is should my fellow employee and myself be concerned? How long of a time would pass before we were called in for questioning if we were suspects in this case? And should we place an attorney on retainer just in case?

My question is should my fellow employee and myself be concerned? How long of a time would pass before we were called in for questioning if we were suspects in this case?
There's no way either of those questions can be answered by random and uninvolved strangers on the internet.
And should we place an attorney on retainer just in case?
On retainer? No. On speed-dial? Perhaps.

While you're waiting, watch this video:

Legal Advice Requested

Please review the "Legal Disclaimer" at the bottom of every page at this site and understand that many of the regulars who post here are not lawyers and, as far as I know, none of the regulars are in Wisconsin.

My self and a fellow employee, along with two customers, were recently involved in a situation where money came up missing from the business we work for.

You should be careful about making statements in a public forum that could be construed as an admission to criminal activity. I would ask you to explain how the four of you were "involved in [this] situation," but that might require making such statements.

My question is should my fellow employee and myself be concerned?

We have no possible way of knowing, although it's probably safe to assume that the investigation of a misdemeanor theft crime is not high on the cops' priority list.

How long of a time would pass before we were called in for questioning if we were suspects in this case?

As much time as the investigating officer thinks is appropriate.

should we place an attorney on retainer just in case?

The answer to that question depends, in large part, on the extent to which you actually committed the crime (and I'll tell you that your post strongly implies that you did). Can't hurt to consult with an attorney.

Please review the "Legal Disclaimer" at the bottom of every page at this site and understand that many of the regulars who post here are not lawyers and, as far as I know, none of the regulars are in Wisconsin.

You should be careful about making statements in a public forum that could be construed as an admission to criminal activity. I would ask you to explain how the four of you were "involved in [this] situation," but that might require making such statements.

We have no possible way of knowing, although it's probably safe to assume that the investigation of a misdemeanor theft crime is not high on the cops' priority list.

The answer to that question depends, in large part, on the extent to which you actually committed the crime (and I'll tell you that your post strongly implies that you did). Can't hurt to consult with an attorney.[/QUOTE

The answer to that question depends, in large part, on the extent to which you actually committed the crime (and I'll tell you that your post strongly implies that you did). Can't hurt to consult with an attorney.
Your three questions were answered. What else did you think you were going to be able to find out here?

I thought I would find some help and advice. All I have received is rudeness and hostility. Clearly this forum doesn't offer anyone anything at all. I definitely won't post here again.

Have a good day.

I thought I would find some help and advice. All I have received is rudeness and hostility. Clearly this forum doesn't offer anyone anything at all. I definitely won't post here again.

I wish I had a dollar for every time somebody wrote that who didn't get their way.

Thread closed.

My question is should my fellow employee and myself be concerned?

You know if you're innocent or guilty.

If things are as you say, you have nothing to fear.

How long of a time would pass before we were called in for questioning if we were suspects in this case?

The time could vary by many factors.

Even if you are asked to answer questions from the police, you are constitutionally protected from saying as little as, HELLO.

should we place an attorney on retainer just in case?

You can, but it's even simpler than you can imagine.
If Detective Make M. Blab asks you to speak with her about the case, all you need to say is "Under advice of counsel I respectfully decline you invitation and am using my Constitutional right to remain silent."

No matter what the Detective says next, keep repeating the above phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back