Legal advice please

Tizanne

I met this guy and we came to an mutual agreement that he would help me out with monthly weekly. So not even a day passed by and he went ahead and deposited the check into my bank account and told me that he was going to send me extra money to send to his jeweler and I fell for it like the dummy. So the whole day now my card have been acting up and I took it upon myself to call my bank to find out what exactly is going on and why I can't use my card. So I called the bank really annoyed and they informed me that two of the checks that was deposited into my account was counterfeit checks and my jaw drop down to the floor. Immediately I text him mad as can be. I have proof of everything and I would like to know my rights??

READ your account holders agreement RIGHT NOW and follow the instructions for reporting fraud to the bank.

Call the police RIGHT NOW and report the crime.
I would like to know would I be help accountable for those checks? My bank inform me that they are going to close my account down and I will report this crime.

I would like to know would I be help accountable for those checks? My bank inform me that they are going to close my account down and I will report this crime.
Also, I just recently receive an email saying the bank the took back the checks. The only money that was used was the 300 dollars that was to sent to the jeweler then the 24 dollars to send it off. My account was overdraft and the bank did take that also leaving my account around 180 something.

Also, I just recently receive an email saying the bank the took back the checks. The only money that was used was the 300 dollars that was to sent to the jeweler then the 24 dollars to send it off. My account was overdraft and the bank did take that also leaving my account around 180 something.

Contact your bank, stay in contact with the bank.

Ask the bank to close your existing account because its been compromised, and open you a new account.

Then, don't ever share your bank account information with anyone.

Don't ever deposit checks from strangers or friends.

Ask your bank about "sending ALL personal checks you deposit, and checks from strangers for COLLECTIONS".

Someone at the bank can explain "sending items for collection" to you.

That's how you avoid fiascos and scams.

Report it to the police.

Contact your bank, stay in contact with the bank.

Ask the bank to close your existing account because its been compromised, and open you a new account.

Then, don't ever share your bank account information with anyone.

Don't ever deposit checks from strangers or friends.

Ask your bank about "sending ALL personal checks you deposit, and checks from strangers for COLLECTIONS".

Someone at the bank can explain "sending items for collection" to you.

That's how you avoid fiascos and scams.

Report it to the police.
You have really been helpful and will make these calls first thing in the morning. Since I have these proof, will I be held accountable ??

Back