legal advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonomasue

My brother-in-law came to live with us 2 years ago. (sold his house, sold household items, gave away other items people wanted.) He lived with us a year, had no job. He and his dog lived rent free & utility free. We fed him. He gave us some items and some items were to sell when he needed money. Now its 2 years later and he and my husband had a falling out. Now he wants everything that was his. He gave my husband a deadline so he can come over and take every last item he put in our house. He still doesn't have a job, lives with a girlfriend, but needs money. We told him he could have most everything back, except the items that are things he said we could have, a desk, bed, and a couch. Everything else we told him he could have a 3rd party come to the house to pick up. That's not good enough, he wants literally everything.

What are our options, nothing is in writing, but its been used and in our house for over 2 years. We didn't even charge him for storage of all the other stuff that's been taking room in our garage. Please help, he's threatening to sue for all his ''seized'' property he claims we won't release to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back