Lawyer Responding Without Being Hired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOAJ3256

I recently found out that an LLC I solely owned in Ohio was named in a lawsuit against a third party. The third party , a CEO , as well as the company was named in an action brought to the court. As it turns out, the CEO stole my Ohio LLC in 2002, opened a bank account, accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in investor wire transfers, all in my company's LLC. When the plaintiff went for discovery against the CEO the new company in California, MY name and LLC were include in the court submittal.

The plaintiff's are friends of mine who, through a complex matrix of business activity, are suing the CEO and his new Corp that was put in place after he drained "my" account. Key Bank did NOT have my permission to open the account, NEVER did due diligence on the veracity of the LLC's ownership (they should have checked the Ohio Sec Of State, which STILL clearly shows I own the LLC solely).

The part that is intriguing is that a local (Butler, Pa) attorney retained by the CEO has been answering complaints IN MY NAME without ever contacting me! The CEO lied to him about the case, and the attorney did not check the Sec of State Ohio (as the plaintiff's lawyer did) to determine if his client was ACTUALLY the owner

You need to contact the Plantiff's attorney and probaby join in the suit. You may also have a cause of action against the bank but there is a Statute of Limitaitons. How did someone "drain" your bank account without your knowledge? Happens to me all the time but I am married and at least I know about it.

THANKS for the quick response. I am in contact with PA Supreme Ct, and the plaintiff'a Atty. won't talk to me due to "conflict". HOWEVER I did enjoy (and appreciate) your response relative to draining the account. Actually, in my case, Key BAnk stonewalled me ubtil I filed an ID theft report, and only then did they give me the docs with the CEO's name and SS #, proving he "stole" my LLC. I think the bank intentionally did this to rely on SOL. THANKS!

The SOL will not start to run until you actually find out about it as long as there was no due diligence fault on your part. I am not sure why the P's attorney thinks there is a conflict and won't talk to you. Looks like you should be joined as a plaintiff and the bank as a defendant. Without actually seeing the complaint it is hard to tell. You need to file a motion to have your LLC removed as a defendant.

THANKS, but.

THANKS! I got a letter from PA Supreme Ct investigator, and he declared that the Atty. has documents from his client (ficticious) saying my LLC was in the suit. That still doesn't explain why he won't talk to me, as he is answering complaints in my name without my permission, not sending me ANYTHING, and yet defending? my LLC in court.

It is going to be almost impossible since you are out of state and this is fairly complicated. By notice I meant write the attorney and tell him to quit fraudlently representing the corp.

Will do. Thanks so much for your quick responses. I know I have a long road ahead of me, and this CEO has left me penniless. I lost my home, wife, business and am destitute du to the actions of this company and Key Bank . I hope the lawyer letter works -- at least it will be formalized. thanks again,
Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back