Lawsuit against my ex's employer for not withholding child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenP

Has anybody ever heard of a CP suing a NCP's employer for failing to withhold court ordered child support? I currently have a case open in Minnesota. I am the CP. I was doing this case Pro Se but last week I retained an a team of Att'ys to take over as it was getting way too complex.

When I first opened this case, about 1 year ago, I heard that this type of case has never been done before. Recently i've heard through another message board that it has been done before. This person did not give any specifics as to where, when, case name. Does anybody know where I could find out?

Thanks, JenP

Why is the case necessary for your litigation? What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Is it that your ex's employer had a duty to withhold but didn't? It seems like you have many resources on this case and they should be familiar with most new cases that would come up -- but I'm sure that this issue has surfaced several times prior.

To JenP,

I am new to this site and I read your posting about suing NCP employer for not withholding support.

I am currently in the same situation and I have been trying to find out exactly what kind of a lawsuit to file on them. I have never heard of any lawsuits filed regarding this situation. I just sent them a demand letter and the deadline was yesterday. I am now going to file suit against them. If you have any information or advice for me I would really appreciate it.

jen p

I am in the same situation unfortunetly my ex works for his grandfather. The last time we went to court his grandfather actually lied to the judge and told him that he would start taking the support out of his checks that was 1 year ago and still nothing i had know idea i could sue. how would i get started on something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back