Other Debt Lawsuit adult son suing mother for negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

forvalerie

My son joined the military 4 years ago and left some of his personal items here, when he came here to visit some of his items were missing. Unfortunately, it happened a few times but he continued to leave items here. My adult son is suing me for items that were stolen from my house which belonged to him. Claims states: ALLOWING PERSONAL FIREARMS, CLOTHING'S, and OTHER THINGS TO BE STOLEN BASED ON PURE NEGLIGENCE. He is claiming that since I did not keep a bedroom that he only occupies when he visits door locked. Is it possible that can I can being liable and order to pay him for the items? One of the firearms that was missing his older brother got it and pawned it and he knows it.

Why not tell him to take his junk?
You created the situation by accepting the junk.
By taking possession of his junk, you created a bailment.
It was an ordinary type of bailment requiring you to use ordinary care to protect his junk. You didn't, and you admit to knowing who stole his junk. Give him back his junk, and see what it'll take to settle out of court.

If I were you, I'd report his thieving brother to the police. Why not go redeem the pawn?

Throw those bums out, woman or man up, be a mom or a dad or BOTH!!!!

Trust me, you're better off without creeps like those in your life. Who sues mom or dad? Damn, just damn. You work things out, you fix it.

My son joined the military 4 years ago and left some of his personal items here, when he came here to visit some of his items were missing. Unfortunately, it happened a few times but he continued to leave items here. My adult son is suing me for items that were stolen from my house which belonged to him. Claims states: ALLOWING PERSONAL FIREARMS, CLOTHING'S, and OTHER THINGS TO BE STOLEN BASED ON PURE NEGLIGENCE. He is claiming that since I did not keep a bedroom that he only occupies when he visits door locked. Is it possible that can I can being liable and order to pay him for the items? One of the firearms that was missing his older brother got it and pawned it and he knows it.

Soooo...you basically left the possessions lying around so that your miscreant son could steal and sell them?

While your other son is fighting for his country?

Is that what we're seeing here?

It doesn't seem you were too concerned about protecting his belongings & even let his brother take some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back