Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant law concerning seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pammie

My jurisdiction is: florida

I am currently in the process of divorce. I am entitled alimony and child support, however before the divorce was finalized my soon to be ex got caught for drug trafficking. He will be going to prison in December for at least 5 years. He claims that he has nothing liquid to offer me and is currently unemployed. He has property valued at several million dollars and a home that the government has put a lien against. (both properties) I had prompted my attorney to file a lien before the government did so to protect my back child support monies, future child support and alimony. My attorney failed to do so. My question is: If the government has a lien against personal property, I am entitled to put a lien against it as well? Will the government consider that I am a single mother who is owed money from my ex? If they have "seized" the property, am I entitled to anything? My divorce was in the midst of settling before this incident occured. The divorce case history is over a span of almost three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back