late child support child support payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim81

Hello my name is (deleted) I recently entered to a child support agreement with the county of boulder in co. I have not been able to make those payments because I own my own business that has been Hit with a lien and levy. I have an advisement hearing wensday. I have a few dollars I borrowed but, realistically what can I do. I have my kids quiet often buy them clothes, phones, things that supporting a child but what should I ask of the judge and Da for a little bit of time to catch up as opposed to seeing jail time.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have your hearing, just explain things to the judge. Someone else may come along with some additional information for you.

Hello my name is (deleted) I recently entered to a child support agreement with the county of boulder in co. I have not been able to make those payments because I own my own business that has been Hit with a lien and levy. I have an advisement hearing wensday. I have a few dollars I borrowed but, realistically what can I do. I have my kids quiet often buy them clothes, phones, things that supporting a child but what should I ask of the judge and Da for a little bit of time to catch up as opposed to seeing jail time.

There are only two ways to avoid being penalized for not paying child support. One of them is your death.
The other is your complete medical demise, as in a coma.
Even a 50 year prison sentence can't stop the child support meter.
I suggest you hire a lawyer.
Otherwise, the pain will only increase.
The child support bosses don't want excuses. They only want money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back