Other Criminal Charges & Offenses landowner stealing electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole71

Dear Attorney,

I was wondering what would happen to my land owner stealing electricity from me for four year and I never knew it. I just found out my bills where always high because he had a electric fence for his cattle. I had a licensed electrician review my breaker box and trace my electrical wires. The electrician took photos and is providing me with a notarized statement. I have all my electric bills for the last 4 years. I lived alone and was very frugal about my electric usage however, my monthly bills ran between $200/month to $1,000/month.

I have contacted the electric company over the years but, I was told they only to prosecute electricity that was being taken from the electric meter and above. The electric company said to contact the State Police although, the police deny it is an issue for them.

The landowner had 2 electrical lines running from his barn to my house. One was a 240 volt and, also, a 120 volts so I was wondering what will happen to my landowner.

Thank you for your expertise,
Nicole A. Grindel

First you should bring this problem to the landlord and see if it can be resolved.
If the two if you are unable to settle your differences then you will need to bring it to a civil court and let a judge decide what to do.
Police will not get involved in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back