Landlords Responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbird

I moved in to this Condo, with an underground parking garage in September, 2005. Signed a one year lease. When I signed the lease, I was not told what the parking space number was, nor was it written in the lease. On my last day of moving my stuff in, I had to borrow a truck from my friend to do this, as I didn't own any vehicle at the time. I came in the parking garage really late around 11:30 p.m. I didn't know which parking space was mine, so I parked in the space that I thought was mine based on what the Landlord had told me when I first looking at the Condo to rent. At that time of him showing me the Condo, he pointed to a space that he thought was mine, but would find out for sure. This was of no consequence at the time, because I didn't own a vehicle, so I didn't think much of it. Now comes the time that I had to park in my space. Since he didn't tell me I was guessing at the parking space #. I couldn't even go to the lease to find out the space #, because it wasn't there either. I went down to the garage and the truck was towed. My friend had to pay $260.00 to get his truck back. I really felt bad. My question is: Should my Landlord reimburse me for those charges because of neglect in that they never told me or even have it written in the lease what my parking space was?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back