Landlord Wants to Start working on yard to be ready when we move out

Status
Not open for further replies.

joaquincia

Hello, long story short , We live in a back house. Land lords live in front house. My dog damaged some wood in the yard that is part of the land lords garage and our storage unit damaging a grass border. I take full responsibility for these repairs that need to be done. I bought new border for what needs to replaced
We are moving out in 2 weeks and today our landlords came in and stated they would be working on prepping the yard for when new tenants come to look at the property and thus we have to ultimately have our dog out as they will be implanting new grass. they didn't say she had to go but really that's what it means.
They stated they would also have to buy a special cleaner for their vinyl fence that separates the two yards because my dog digging caused dirt to get on their fence. I feel their side of the fence is just as dirty. Also , there is a tree in our yard that is ultimately resting on the fence on one 8 foot panel.
My question is can they do these landscaping changes now if we are renting from them, and would we have to pay for new grass and cleaner for the fence, and items like this if it really is normal wear and tear I think. My landlords are very A- word that ends with L. They feel you should live by their rules. any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back