Landlord Violated Lease Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansNfrans

Hello sir! I need some assistant and I wanted to know if you could possibly give me some advice.
Almost 3 years ago, I rented an apartment in Santa Ana, CA. I signed a 1 year lease with them. a few months into my lease, I began to have A LOT of problems. First problem I had was my roof was leaking sap. It took them days to finally fix the problem but my sofa and clothes got tree sap all over it. I asked them to reimburse me but they would not.
Things got worse because 4 months into my lease, the apartment security towed my car. They got reprimanded for not doing their job by the apartment management so they towed a bunch of vehicles in one night including mine by accident. I did not even receive notice about it. I was charged $140 for it. The apartment later told me that I didn't have a parking pass in my car (which I did). Not only that, they told me that they can tow my car if it doesn't have a parking pass in it but my lease contract did not state that anywhere. It turns out the leasing agent forgot to include this addendum in my lease. I asked them to reimburse me for this but they said no again. I decided I had enough of this and handed them a letter stating that they violated my lease and that if they don't pay me back, I would be dissolving the lease before the 1 year mark and moving to another place. I gave them a 30 day notice to vacate and waited for their response. Their law office wrote back stating that they would have a phone interview. They never called me and therefore I handed them the keys and etc and moved out accordingly after the 30 days. 6 months later, they finally wrote and called (via collection agency) stating that I owed about $3000 ($1000 for concession fees, 1 month rent for not giving 30 day and $1000 for breaking the lease).
This past January of 2007, they somehow put it on my credit report and I am trying to get it removed. I refuse to pay them because what they are doing is criminal and I would like to know what I can do about this. I am going to send all the docs I have to the credit report but is there anything I can do legally to have this resolved? Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back