landlord trying to evict me

Status
Not open for further replies.

draco9384

My landlord is trying to evict me, due to what he calls "uncleanliness". our lease is a general texas apartment association lease, and every person that comes over to our house says it is in fact not only clean, but cleaner than they keep their place. and keep in mind these are 40-50 year old people saying this, not just some kids fresh out of moms house at 18 or 19, these people know what clean really is.

also on top of that he is saying i need a storage shed to store some stuff case there is just too much stuff along the walls, and claims its causing bugs, when we've seen....maybe 2 roaches in the 5 months we have lived here.

noone else around here is really any cleaner from what ive seen, do i really have anything to worry about? can he really evict me like this? can he really dictate what i can have in my apartment?

oh i should follow with saying that he hasnt acutally started the eviction process YET, he said he would be back any day to inspect my place, which iirc he doesnt have any right to do either, correct?

If your landlord does not want to renew your lease then all he has to do is give you the proper notice to vacate. During your lease period he will need a better reason to evict you. If you are 5 months in to a 6 month lease then you might have something to be concerned about... but if you want to stay where you are just keep paying your rent on time and follow the terms of your lease and you will be fine.

oh i should follow with saying that he hasnt acutally started the eviction process YET, he said he would be back any day to inspect my place, which iirc he doesnt have any right to do either, correct?

If he gave you propert notice then yes, he can inspect the property. Without proper notice he has no right to enter.
If he said he will be back "any day" then he didn't give you proper notice. If he left you a written notice of a specific date/time at least 24 hours in advance then he can enter whether you are there or not.

If he gave you propert notice then yes, he can inspect the property. Without proper notice he has no right to enter.
If he said he will be back "any day" then he didn't give you proper notice. If he left you a written notice of a specific date/time at least 24 hours in advance then he can enter whether you are there or not.

Ok yeah no written notice at all, thank you for the info, one last question, can he really tell me that I have 1 too many chairs and have to get rid of it and other furniture items he thinks is "too much"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back