landlord telling lies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie83

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I've been renting for a year from my landlord, who shares the property with her sister whom I've never met or spoken to. My landlord asked me to move out due to rent being 1 to 2 weeks late for 3 months due to a job loss. I agree and started looking. I found a place, paid the 1st month's rent and deposit, signed the lease. 2 days later my new landlord calls me saying there's an eviction in my name now that was just filed. He called my landlord sister who started telling him how I refused rent when roof was leaking. That was the actual day I moved in and it was fixed within a week so that's not true. She said I never mowed the yard, I did every Sunday. Told him my car was repossessed it wasn't. Told him I can't afford rent bc I get FedEx packages all the time, that's medication I administer to myself. Now, he said I may not be allowed to move in bc of all of this. What can I do?

What can I do?

I'm confident that you can do lots of things. The most obvious thing to do would be to explain the true facts to your new landlord. You might also want to remind your new landlord that you and he signed a lease for your occupancy of the premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back