landlord stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindacare2

i am just curious as to what my options are.

Ive been recieving 1,000 eletric bills and i only live in a two bedroom apt, my lights and all are shut off in the day time because i am at work, every month since i moved into this building (about 4 yrs ago) i have been getting estimates from con edison, my landlord does not let the meter readers in the building,when he sees them coming he runs out through the back door, so i asked him one day to give me the reading he gave me a # i gave it to con edison and the represenative advised me that unless i live in a warehouse that is a wrong reading # because your bill would be about $3,000. My landlord has turned the basement into a hall in which he rents out for parties
all the meters are locked up in a box that he built over the meter so no one can look at it or read but him because he has the key, My neighbors at one time thought it was me stealing there electricity and i thought it was them, i really dont know what to do im not sure what to do, could i sue him even though no one can get in to read the meter??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back