Landlord requires listed as interested party on renters insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRPS

Can a Landlord charge for liability insurance when someone has a renters insurance policy? Landlord is requiring placement of their name as interested party on renters policy or will charge tenant monthly payment. Renter Insurance company states that they cannot place the landlord on the policy for an individual renter's policy.

Renters insurance is for YOUR personal property that the landlord has no interest in.
If the landlord wants insurance for the actual property and structures in it that is his own responsibility.
I would avoid this landlord.

I think the landlord is asking for insurance to cover liability in case someone gets injured at the apartment. The insurance coverage does have a liability amount of $50.000 personal liability, $1,000 per person medical payments and $25,000 medical payment per accident. The personal property is not in question it is the liability coverage for accidents.

I think the landlord is asking for insurance to cover liability in case someone gets injured at the apartment. The insurance coverage does have a liability amount of $50.000 personal liability, $1,000 per person medical payments and $25,000 medical payment per accident. The personal property is not in question it is the liability coverage for accidents.

Still, . Landlord has, or should have, this coverage in his own insurance. I would avoid this landlord because he is already threatening you with unnecessary fees.

Agree, this ins. would be the landlord's responsibility to get & pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back