Landlord or property manager contacting my husband's employers claiming he is a drug dealer.

Madearm

Jurisdiction
Kansas
We are not drug people, and we know there is no possible evidence of these lies, however, my husband works at a school with children. Proof or not, the lies are enough to start rumors in our small town, and that alone may get him fired, as the school will protect itself before an employee.
This began after my boss asked the property managers to stop coming to my job asking for money, cigarettes, gas, etc.
What are we supposed to do? They have told our entire neighborhood, and this is so ridiculous. They even claim that we have "constant traffic" from our home, yet the only people who come to our home is the lady who gives my husband a ride home from work at 2:30 every day, my stepson's stepfather when he picks our youngest up for visitation, and occasionally his wrestling coach who takes him to & from practice when I have to work evening shift. We never have guests inside our home, not even our parents come by. How can they do this, and what are our legal options?

You run, don't walk, to the nearest defamation attorney and review your options.

This could be grounds for a lawsuit.
I'm having trouble finding one in my area. Went through the yellowpages & came up empty. We are low income, so we can't afford a large retainer, but we could lose our home if he loses his job.

Try google.

You might have to expand your search to a larger city.

The behavior might be egregious enough for an attorney to take on contingency.

No guarantees, but keep trying.

This began after my boss asked the property managers to stop coming to my job asking for money, cigarettes, gas, etc.

Why on earth would strangers, friends, or property managers come to your workplace to beg money, cigarettes, and gas off of you?

Are you wealthy?

Don't you think the above behavior is odd, if not bizarre?

I'm in the same boat.. I just filed in small claims court. I filed a complaint to attorney General on office manager .INRETILATION 4 POLICE OFFICERS AT MY DOOR.. TAKEN ME TO JAIL. I BONDED OUT. I HAD TENANTS TELLS ME OFFICE MANAGER TOLD THM.(TENANTS)..THAT I WAS PICK UP FOR SAILING MYTH (DEFORMATION, LIBELS SLANDER)..I DO HAVE WRITEN STATEMENTS FROM TENANTS. 2 WKS.LATER GONE BACK TO POLICE STATION TO GET REPORT NUMB. SAID THY DO NOT SHOW ME IN THER SYSTEM.NOR BEEN THRE JAIL..

Don't hijack threads. No one even knows what you're talking about and turn off the all caps.

It is unlikely in the extreme that his employer will care about the unsolicited accusation of some random dude who calls. I handled this stuff for a school system in the past and these kinds of petty reports are not uncommon, and are no big deal.

It is also unlikely that anyone who knows you would believe or care about such a rumor.

Back