Repairs, Maintenance landlord not keeping to verbal promises of repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamar edwards

In the beginning,or upon moving in we (my wife & I)paid our monies.landlord stated things would be fixed,(like the ch&a unit would be hooked up ,bathroom leak and rotted wood.etc.etc.) we believed and started to live.the landlord just shows up without notice to make small repairs,so within that 1st month the landlord shows up with help and still doing small things 3x's no notice;but each time we ask about the ch&a and things.2nd month same thing,but we keep paying our monies.3rd month same thing;so we witheld the rent to make the landlord see how real this matter was.Now the landlord comes by and states this isn't working out and that you have 30 days to move out; the days were not up and come home to see a notice to vacate. On top of that, from the start we had a verbal agreement to give use time to change utilitys over we had done 2 of them;but not the water yet.Now we came home and believe the landlord placed a lock on the water. CAN THE LANDLORD DO THIS TOO USE.?????????? signed FEELING USED

You did not handle the matter correctly. I assume you did not have q written lease, but if you did it likely provided a specific procedure to notify the landlord of repairs. If no lease you still should have put requests in writing and followed procedure before opting to withhold rent.
When you failed to pay the landlord was within rights to begin eviction.
If the landlord has turned the water off then that is the only thing he has done wrong. The landlord can be held liable for damages you incur as a result of this, though it may not be very practical to pursue without more significant circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back