Landlord keeps sending letters claiming that I owe them money

cioU

Jurisdiction
Washington
So basically I keep getting letters from my landlord every single month or few times a months saying that I owe them money, I have all receipts and proof that I paid all of the bills and have no dues. Ive also visited my renters office every single time those came in the mail, just to make sure, they kept telling it was some sort of their mistake or so, and recently I got the same letter stating that I owe the money again so I come to the office again.. now the landlord tells me that I had to pay about 200$ that they miss calculated from like 6+ months ago since I live in low income housing, basically I paid it and now I'm receiving another mail saying the same thing ... and I would like to know if there are any legal actions I can take on them, Im really tired of wasting my money on gas to drive to them since they never pick up their phone, and since it keeps happening over and over again..
Thanks for help in advance

Write the management office a letter and address it to the attention of the property or general manager.
Send the letter registered or certified mail, return receipt requested/proof of delivery.
Ask all of your questions, submit copies of ALL your proof of payments.
Ask for a written explanation, along with an itemization of every charge you are alleged to owe.
Ask for an answer no later than 15 days from the date postmarked on your letter.

Wait to see what response you receive, ask the management to respond in writing only, and send you proof of their allegations.

In all actuality, all you can do is make sure you have PROOF of whatever you've paid, and whenever you paid it.

The legal part might come into play if the landlord tries to evict you.

That's why you need PROOF of what you paid, and when you paid it.

Write the management office a letter and address it to the attention of the property or general manager.
Send the letter registered or certified mail, return receipt requested/proof of delivery.
Ask all of your questions, submit copies of ALL your proof of payments.
Ask for a written explanation, along with an itemization of every charge you are alleged to owe.
Ask for an answer no later than 15 days from the date postmarked on your letter.

Wait to see what response you receive, ask the management to respond in writing only, and send you proof of their allegations.

In all actuality, all you can do is make sure you have PROOF of whatever you've paid, and whenever you paid it.

The legal part might come into play if the landlord tries to evict you.

That's why you need PROOF of what you paid, and when you paid it.
The letters that I keep receiving are eviction letters

The letters that I keep receiving are eviction letters

You might be receiving a letter to vacate, threatening you with eviction if you don't voluntarily leave by a certain date.

You use the term letters, as in more than one.

That means, the landlord is only threatening, not acting.

I suggest you make arrangements to move within the next 15 to 30 days.

Why?

because you might soon be receiving a summons from he court requiring you to appear before a REAL eviction proceeding.

You don't want to even get sued for eviction, because you'll find ever renting decent housing to be nearly impossible.

Either make nice with your landlord, leave before an eviction proceeding is filed, or face a decades long issue where you won't get decent housing.

Back