Landlord is a "firestarter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

serina

We (my husband and I) have had the same landlord for 5 years now, although, they have never met me, just my husband. I am sick, with terminal brain cancer, so I stay in, as much as possible. Before we moved into here ( house ) we rented a small apt. from them. The day before our 15th wedding aniversary, which they knew about, the landlord called me and told me that we had to be out in 4 days. We paid our rent on time, every time, so I was confused why. His reason, because you just need to. So in that, we did. We spent the four days working on moving some where else. In time, the landlord offered a house ( what we live in now ) to us because the people that lived there at the time; which happened to be an employee of his and the employees girlfriend, didn't pay their rent on time - so he told us. So we worked all through Valentine's Day trying to find out if we were moving in there or not because we couldn't find anything else in such short notice. Every day he would tell us they haven't paid today -- at this point, they were behind over 3 weeks ( they paid their rent on a weekly basis ). To finally put an end to the ping pong game, I had my husband tell him like it was - either they move out because you said they would or we are taking our money somewhere else. So in that, we moved in the next day. Come to find out, that our neighbors- to the left- are the parents of the girl friend of the employee and the neighbors to the back of us and the right - are all best of friends -- so we moved into a "hornets nest". Ever since day one, they have been trying to cause havoc. They place trash in our yard, throw stones/rocks over our fence to hit the house/whatnot, stealing cable, yell out profanity at me, stealing mail, telling lies/slander that make us look very bad (such as telling the others -- and I mean all of the neighborhood and more) that my husband is a peeping tom/theif, saying I abuse my child, that I am trying to pop tires of others, that I slept with the landlord, that I am related to him....so on and so on) They call the landlord and tell all this stuff. Just today I received a call from the upper management (and when he calls its not all that good), saying that he heard yet another rumor. I asked him to tell me, and in that, he said he didn't believe it, but had to call. The other landlord; the one we pay the rent to, the upper managements 'go between', we think, is a "firestarter" for the lies and rumors. The sad thing is, we have proof for all of this, we have even consulted an attorney. The thing is, the landlord will not do anything, other than make it worse. When we try to ignore the problem, it seems they come up with something else to try to ignite the flame. When my husband calls/visits the landlord; the one we pay the money to, to complain, (which he won't do anymore because it does NOTHING) we get yelled at for wasting his time with such 'pitty things'. Frankly, I believe being yelled at in front of your child (14 yr old) and being called major profanity because I want to water my flowers, is totally inappropriate. Of course, I do not say anything back to the neighbors when they yell, just because it isn't something I want my son to witness. We have asked the landlord more than once to place a security fence up, but he said NO. Why I ask? because he doesn't want the violence to stop. That is the only reason. So that's what made us get an attorney...but that, I believe made things worse. We are not moving because that is what they want and we worked way too hard to get in here. So what should be do? Follow through with the attorney and make life total hell.....or what? I am at a loss.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back