Eviction Grounds Landlord intends on serving us with a "Termination of Tenancy" notice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krista9754

I have been living in the same building for almost three years - have never had an issue with paying rent nor have I broke any rules in my lease - but my landlord wants his friend to move into my unit. He knocked on my door about three weeks ago asking when we plan on moving and then told me his friend wanted to move into this unit. I have been looking to move anyways but now that my landlord has emailed me stating his intention of sending a "Notice to Terminate Tenancy", I am worried AND mad! My lease ends tomorrow, Nov. 1st, and I haven't yet received the notice - what are my rights? I have a 5 month old baby so that is my main area of concern. What is the difference between a notice and a full-blown eviction? Do I have to pay rent during this time of termination, possibly eviction?

Thank you!

Your posting is a bit confusing. You indicate you have resided there for the past three years. Have you been on yearly leases during this time? If so, what notice have you given to renew your side of the lease?

I'm also not certain why you are worried and mad since your posting indicates you have "been looking to move anyways".

Gail

If you are served notice to move, you certainly must pay your rent for the period. He needs to give legal notice in accordance with state law and your lease terms. It appears he is trying to work with you and you are trying to take advantage of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back